Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pretty Things



I never thought I'd get excited about a pair of pillows, but here I am. Interior designers are always declaring how pillows can make a room appear more comfortable and also a good way to add color, style, and texture to your living space. It sounds simple enough, but I rarely see any attractive pillows and when I do, they are usually very expensive. I thought I'd put these pillows from the hip Dwell Studio line for Target on my couch, but they are constructed with a silky fabric and ended up looking more appropriate on my bed. They have a large peony print that I really dig. One side has a yellow background with grey flowers, and the other side has the opposite. The contrast between yellow and grey is appealing to me. I was looking for something bright and bold, with an uncomplicated print reminiscent of the 1960s and I was super excited when I found these at Target, the choice place to score affordable pieces with style.

No comments:

Post a Comment